- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line the bottom and sides of a metal baking pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, cornstarch and salt in a large bowl and stir with a whisk.
- In another bowl, place the softened butter and beat until light and creamy.
- Add oil and beat for a few minutes until well blended, then add sugar and continue to beat until well blended and smooth.
- Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean and add to the mixture.
- Add flour mixture, beating on low speed until blended.
- Spoon dough into the prepared pan and evenly spread out.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool shortbread in pan for about 5 minutes before cutting.Store in an airtight container.